The 26th International Conference on Computers in Education (ICCE 2018) is organized by the Asia-Pacific Society for Computers in Education (APSCE) and hosted by Ateneo de Manila University. ICCE 2018 will be held at the Bayanihan Center, Manila, the Philippines, from November 26 to November 30, 2018 (Monday to Friday). Pre-conference events (workshops and tutorials) will be conducted on the first two days. The main conference will begin on November 28, 2018.
Accepted papers in the main conference, workshops, Early Career Workshop, Doctoral Student Consortia and Work-in-Progress Posters will be published in proceedings, which will be submitted to Elsevier for inclusion in Scopus. Proceedings of the main conference (excluding posters) will also be submitted to Thomson Reuters for inclusion in the Conference Proceedings Citation Index.
Towards a Technology-Enhanced Education Ecology for Inclusive Learning
When averaged, global indicators of access to both formal and informal education are on the upswing: Education poverty, defined as the percentage of the population with less than four years of education, is on the decline (ADB, 2014); nearly all countries have increased their information and communication technology development index (ITU, 2016); 70% of the youth aged 15-24 are using the Internet (ITU, 2017). However, disparities continue to exist across almost every possible dimension—developed vs. developing nations; male vs. female; urban vs. rural.
The theme of ICCE 2018 is the use of technology to enhance curriculum and pedagogy in order to bridge some of these divides. It communicates a vision of computers, mobile phones, the Internet, and related technologies as instruments that provide all individuals with equal opportunities for education, regardless of their gender, socio-economic status, language, religion, or ability. When enacted, it is hoped that this vision leads to greater economic prosperity, socio-political inclusion, and an overall better quality of life for all.
ADB. (2014). Framework for inclusive growth indicators 2014. Retrieved from https://www.adb.org/sites/defa
ITU. (2016). Measuring the information society. Retrieved from http://www.itu.int/en/ITU-D/St
ITU. (2017). ICT facts and figures 2017. Retrieved from http://www.itu.int/en/ITU-D/St
- 9 April 2018 – APSCE Merit Scholarship Program 2018 announced
- 9 April 2018 – Calls for Papers released for Work-in-Progress Posters (WIPP), Extended Summary (ES), Calls for Proposals released for Tutorials and Workshops / Interactive Events
- 8 March 2018 – Calls for Papers for all seven sub-conferences released
- 8 February 2018 – The main conference proceedings of ICCE 2016 has been indexed in the Conference Proceedings Citation Index (CPCI) by Thomson Reuters since January 2018.
- 24 January 2018 – Call for Papers released
- 8 December 2017 – ICCE 2018 keynote speakers announced
- 8 December 2017 – ICCE 2017 closed