In response to raising concerns about overlapping conference and journal
papers, we are pleased to announce another paper category — Extended
Summary (ES). The ES session will provide opportunities for authors to pitch
main ideas and key results. Four kinds of contributions will be accepted:
empirical, technical design, conceptual and literature review papers (maximum
All ES will be published in the proceedings with an ISBN. Authors of accepted
extended summaries are not required to submit a full paper for inclusion in the
proceedings. The proceedings will also be indexed by Elsevier Bibliographic
Databases and made available on the official ICCE2018 and APSCE websites.
Researchers and practitioners are encouraged to submit ES papers to the
- C1: ICCE Sub-Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education/Intelligent Tutoring System (AIED/ITS) and Adaptive Learning
- C2: ICCE Sub-Conference on Computer-supported Collaborative
Learning (CSCL) and Learning Sciences
- C3: ICCE Sub-Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies (ALT),
Learning Analytics and Digital Infrastructure
- C4: ICCE Sub-Conference on Classroom, Ubiquitous, and Mobile
Technologies Enhanced Learning (CUMTEL)
- C5: ICCE Sub-Conference on Educational Gamification and Game-
based Learning (EGG)
- C6: ICCE Sub-Conference on Technology Enhanced Language Learning
- C7: ICCE Sub-Conference on Practice-driven Research, Teacher
Professional Development and Policy of ICT in Education (PTP)
- Paper submissions deadline: June 15, 2018
- Author notification: July 15, 2018
- Final paper and registration deadline: August 17, 2018
Submissions must be made through e-mails to the ES Coordination Co-Chairs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not send e-mail to sub-conference chairs.
File Types: MS Word (.DOC or .RTF) or PDF, Language: English (British or American)
Word Limit: 1500 (including all figures, references, acknowledgments, etc.)
Remaining Style Guides & Template: Paper Template File
All submissions will be distributed to and reviewed by the relevant sub-conference program committee members. Authors of accepted ES papers will be given a 12-minute presentation (including a 3-minute Q&A).
Camera-ready papers have to be submitted in both Word (or RTF) and PDF files together with a copyright statement by the final paper deadline. At least one author has to register by the registration deadline, for the paper to be included in the conference program and proceedings.
Questions related to the ES submissions should be addressed to the ES Coordination Chairs: Hiroaki OGATA or Yanjie SONG: email@example.com