In response to emerging research diversity, ICCE 2018 will be a meta-conference, comprising of seven interrelated theme-based conferences. Accepted papers in the main conference, Workshops, Work-in-Progress Posters (WIPP), Doctoral Student Consortia (DSC), Early Career Workshop (ECW) and Extended Summaries (ES) will be published in proceedings, which will be submitted to Elsevier for inclusion in Scopus. Proceedings of the main conference (excluding posters) will also be submitted to Thomson Reuters for inclusion in the Conference Proceedings Citation Index. Authors of accepted distinguished full papers will be invited to submit extended versions of the papers for consideration of publication Research and Practice in Technology Enhanced Learning (RPTEL), the official academic journal of the Asia Pacific Society for Computers in Education. ICCE 2018 will be a conference for researchers in the Asia-Pacific region to connect with international research communities for the worldwide dissemination and sharing of ideas for research in the field of Computers in Education. Seven interrelated sub-conferences on specialized themes, each of which is organized by a program committee appointed by the respective Special Interest Group (SIG), will be part of the five-day conference schedule. In addition, the conference will include keynote speakers, theme-based invited speakers, expert panels on topics of current interest, and pre-conference tutorials, workshops, Doctoral Student Consortia (DSC) and Early Career Workshop (ECW). Researchers, graduate or undergraduate students, policymakers and educators are invited to participate in all aspects of the conference.
Separate calls for papers are available for each sub-conference under the following seven themes:
- C1: ICCE Sub-Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education/Intelligent Tutoring System (AIED/ITS) and Adaptive Learning
[C1 Call for Papers]
- C2: ICCE Sub-Conference on Computer-supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL) and Learning Sciences
[C2 Call for Papers]
- C3: ICCE Sub-Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies (ALT), Learning Analytics and Digital Infrastructure
[C3 Call for Papers]
- C4: ICCE Sub-Conference on Classroom, Ubiquitous, and Mobile Technologies Enhanced Learning (CUMTEL)
[C4 Call for Papers]
- C5: ICCE Sub-Conference on Educational Gamification and Game-based Learning (EGG)
[C5 Call for Papers]
- C6: ICCE Sub-Conference on Technology Enhanced Language Learning (TELL)
[C6 Call for Papers]
- C7: ICCE Sub-Conference on Practice-driven Research, Teacher Professional Development and Policy of ICT in Education (PTP)
[C7 Call for Papers]
The seven theme-based sub-conferences will foster the building of strong research communities within the broader field of Computers in Education and Educational Technology. The meta-conference umbrella will play the dual role of allowing researchers to enhance their identity in their thematic research communities, but also allowing cross-disciplinary interactions to help broaden the scope of and inspire future innovative research.
- Full paper (8-10 pages)
- Short paper (5-6 pages)
- Poster paper (2-3 pages)
Please refer to the submission guidelines before submitting your papers and download the latest version of the Paper Template file in preparing your manuscript. Please note that the paper template has been revised – please download the latest version of the template instead of reusing previous year’s template. The conference practices single-blind review, i.e., the authors of the submitting papers will not know who their referees are, while the referees will be aware of the authors of the papers that they are reviewing. Anonymization is no longer required in the submitted manuscripts.
All the accepted full papers are eligible for the competitions of:
- Best Overall Paper Award
- Best Student Paper Award (restricted to papers whose first authors are graduate or undergraduate students)
- Best Technical Design Paper Award
In addition, all the accepted poster papers are eligible for the competition of Best
Poster Design Award(s). Please visit the award rules and criteria.
- Paper Submission Due:
May 7, 2018May 21, 2018
- Notification of Acceptance: July 30, 2018
- Camera-ready paper due: August 13, 2018